|Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it run the same on all systems?
- Yes. For the most part. Due to character and resolution differences, there are some slight differences between the various platforms. But the game functions identically otherwise.
- Floppies? You're seling this on floppies!?
- Heck, yeah, I am! The boxed edition also comes with a USB thumb drive with all the versions (makes it easier to play in emulators that way).
- Why use the ASCII / ANSI style art?
- So many reasons! First is that I wanted this game to work great on everything from a C64 all the way up to a modern desktop. I also wanted Linux Tycoon 2 to be playable inside an SSH session in a Linux terminal. Just felt right. :) Besides, I love the asthetic of ASCII/ANSI. Just warms my icy heart.
- Why not a version for Amiga, Spectrum, Apple II, OS/2, etc..?
- I had to draw the line somewhere in order to get this game out the door! :) The reality is, a port to a few other platforms would be possible (I've especially had my eye on Amiga and Apple II)... but in the interests of shipping I had to put those aspirations on the backburner.
- Wait. You're selling the game. But it's also got GPL'd source code. How's that work?
- I believe in Free Software (Free as in Freedom). And, like Richard Stallman, I believe that just because a piece of software is "Open" or "Libre" does not mean it's "free as in cost". By buying Linux Tycoon 2 you get the full source code with it, licensed under the GPL version 3. This not only ensures that the game can live on long after I've stopped working on it... but it respects your Freedoms.